WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: wbar again  (Read 2156 times)

Offline moB

wbar again
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:36:29 PM »
quote author=jur link=topic=3767.msg19749#msg19749 date=1257820543]

To see more options for wbar, type wbar -h. Made all the difference for me once I knew the options.

Disclaimer: All of this is spoken in much ignorance. I am a noob of just a few months.
[/quote]

I don't get any options from this command. My semper noobians status confirmed :D

<CLI_output>
  ~$ wbar -h
  Using /home/tc/.wbar config file.
  terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*'
  Aborted
</CLI_ouput>

That is all I get trying to restart wbar or ask it for options: Aborted.

What I would like is to reduce the number of applications showing icons. Don't like the clutter.

I like having a few icons there, but mostly I call apps from command line or menu.

As I do like some, noicons is not a good choice. have tried reversing the procedures for adding icons to wbar, but no success -- s'pose I read those instructions wrong.

I hate to ask for someone to throw me a line, but if you could just point me to the appropriate set of instructions I would be happy to sharpen my own pea-brain  :P

Thanks!

b

"What d'ye see? - sharp! sharp!"
The Whale

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
Re: wbar again
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »
use
wbar --help

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
Re: wbar again
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 10:30:28 PM »
wbar entries are rebuilt at every boot from the entries found in /usr/local./tce.icons. I stopped using the defaults and made my own wbar configs using noicons and invoking wbar in ~/.xsession.
Code: [Select]
wbar -bpress -vbar -pos right -nofont -config /home/tc/.mywbar/tce.wbar >/dev/null