Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

alsa doesn't work

<< < (2/2)

jur:
I get this when running speaker-test:

--- Code: ---ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1605:(snd1_pcm_direct_parse_open_conf) The field ipc_gid must be a valid group (create group audio)
Playback open error: -22,Invalid argument

--- End code ---

Same result after loading alsa-plugins.

amixer and alsamixer appear to work as intended.

jur:
Had a look at the startup script, and ran these 2 commented-out lines manually:

--- Code: ---sudo addgroup audio > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo addgroup "$USER" audio > /dev/null 2>&1

--- End code ---

then my sound worked.

curaga:
OK, please see if things now work. Hopefully fixed for all now.

maro, do you have OSS loaded? I think those plugins are only needed if they are specified in the alsa config file.

Re udevadm not found, that's a harmless one, as the extension didn't call udev at all before. Failing to do those calls on pre-rc2 shouldn't cause anything, except those not found messages. I do agree they shouldn't be shown.

jur:

--- Quote from: curaga on February 09, 2010, 02:15:07 AM ---OK, please see if things now work. Hopefully fixed for all now.

--- End quote ---
Mine works now, thanks.

maro:
I've repeated the tests from yesterday and can now confirm that the alsa.tcz extention works fine for TC 2.8.1, 2.9rc1, and 2.9rc2 (using QEMU 0.11.1). At least as far as 'speaker-test' is concerned.

I'm very sorry for reporting a misleading issue. It is possible that I had initially OSS installed in the VM and after uninstalling that extension attempted to load alsa.tcz. I guess that could be a possible explanation. But since things look to be resolved now I can only hope that not too much time was wasted in investigating my earlier findings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version