WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How is 'noicons' boot code used?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
How is 'noicons' boot code used?
« on: December 03, 2009, 01:58:02 PM »
I have 2 installations of tc, one frugal on hard disk and one on usb. Both cases, noicons boot code is apparently not working because wbar starts up as before.

In the usb case, the noicons code started working once I moved most of the extension to /tce/optional.  In both cases, if I type 'export -p', the entry $ICONS='wbar' is still listed. In the USB case, that is now absent once I moved most of the extensions.

Do I anderstand the use of noicons correctly - wbar should not start if used? I just have the entry 'noicons' on the boot line next to 'tce=sdxy'.

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
Re: How is 'noicons' boot code used?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »
Yes, that is the intended result.  Are you using the latest version?  If you upgraded, make sure you are using the latest .xsession

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
Re: How is 'noicons' boot code used?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
Hmmm. I just noticed in amongst the slew of extensions /tce/optional/wbar.tcz. So now I wonder if this is the reason noicons is apparently ignored on the other installation? (Can't check ATM.)

Because the usb I have with me now, it works as intended after I moved most of the extensions to /tce/optional/ (including wbar.tcz of course).