WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: enlightenment  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: enlightenment
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 06:30:48 PM »
Shebang fixed.

Offline maro

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »
Well, I managed to get past the "large white box" issue, but the error messages are occurring the same way whether I use QEMU (0.11.1) or VBox (3.1.4).

The problem with the "large white box" can be worked around by disabling wbar (in .xsession). Only then will a button labeled 'Next' become visible. This button allows the user to move to the next setup step after the (meaningless) language selection (which I assume is what that "large white box" represents).

At the bear minimum a warning needs to be included in the .info file to guide the user trough these pitfalls. A better long-term idea might be to add a flag to '/etc/sysconfig' that would control whether wbar should be executed during 'startx' or not. This would obviously require a change to Core. After this change appropriate settings could be added to the startup scripts of the window managers that require such.

Since I'm booting the VM only with the original TC 2.9 image it is as "plain" a system as possible. If one would run 'startx' with output redirection the error messages will show up in that log.

I believe there is still some work to be done to iron out the kinks.

Offline althalus

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »
Yes, I do see the ELF headers now. My apologies, I was only looking at error output before.

At this point as far as I am concerned, the only issues to be worked through are the inability to change languages, and the ELF header errors (Which may be related, as the header errors are files within the setup wizard).

Any other errors that show up in the output are a direct result of the e17 libraries, code, and modules themselves.

You are right though in that the info file should include a message to the effect of "You will need to use the noicons boot flag to use enlightenment", along with the optional alsa I mentioned earlier. I will look into the problems with the wizard, and provide an updated info file later tonight.

EDIT: Thanks Jason

Offline slashyy

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 02:41:11 AM »
Hi,
I just posted a reply from one of E's core developers, regarding a cooperation between both projects:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=5209.0

Basically, please feel to contact barbieri regarding any problems you may encounter.  ;)

Thank you very much for all your hard work.

Offline althalus

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 02:58:05 AM »
Actually, all through the process of building I've been working with various devs on IRC. Very friendly and helpful crowd. xD

Am building the latest svn, will see ifthat resolves issues w/ lang + efl headers

Offline althalus

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »
packages built, will submit them tonight after some more thorough testing later.

WRT the invalid ELF headers: Got the same errors using prebuilt packages and built from SVN on ubuntu, so I believe they are a problem within the Wizard module itself.