WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: flit  (Read 2582 times)

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
flit
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:57:58 PM »
I have flit installed on 2.4.1, as well as jwm. The basic function appears to work correctly. However...

flit does not go into the jwm tray; instead it appears as a normal app on the task bar as a button, and the actual flit display sits in the bottom right corner instead of the jwm tray. (I am using Windows terms here because I don't know what the linux ones are.) Also, it only appears on desktop #1.

Secondly, the help link on right-click menu does not find the help file.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: flit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:06:37 AM »
I have flit installed on 2.4.1, as well as jwm. The basic function appears to work correctly. However...

flit does not go into the jwm tray; instead it appears as a normal app on the task bar as a button, and the actual flit display sits in the bottom right corner instead of the jwm tray. (I am using Windows terms here because I don't know what the linux ones are.) Also, it only appears on desktop #1.

Secondly, the help link on right-click menu does not find the help file.

Fixed the help file.
flit is not written specifically for jwm, actually it was written for flwm.
However, it is not to say that is cannot be swallowed into jwm's tray.
As I don't use jwm, I can only point you to the place to look and try

Look at the .jwmrc-try and search for swallow. I believe watcher is currently being 'swallowed'
Perhaps some jwm fans can be more helpful
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
I had a quick go at adding a swallow statement... but on restarting X, the file had reverted. Is it being written at each X start?

Offline slinxj

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 07:16:05 AM »
I wanted this functionality too and added this to my .jwmrc-tray:

<Swallow name="flit" width="0">flit</Swallow>

This causes flit to start but it does not get put into the tray. It is still starting as an application floating in the bottom right. I compiled flit from source 1.0.0.0.

Anyone have any ideas how I can make it go into my tray with JWM ?

Thanks

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:18:39 AM »
slinxj: I'm not sure this is a complete solution, but in the .ini file, you can specify a different corner.  For example, if you want it to go into the upper right corner, change the location setting to 'ne' (northeast).  If this still does not work well, a change might be needed in Flit to (optionally) not force its location someplace specifically, so it's parent can better determine where it goes.  But this might be deferred to a future release.
--
Mike L.

Offline slinxj

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 04:35:32 AM »
Ahh I see. I'll keep a lookout in case the option of allowing the parent to control the position is added in a future release.

Thanks!