WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: alsa sound module  (Read 2300 times)

Offline muruli

alsa sound module
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:37:31 AM »
When i installed alsa.tcel and did run alsaconf, it detected the sound cards and configured the sound card. But when i downloaded the same package and started to run it is throwing error
sh: alsaconf : not found
Can anybody explain why is it so eventhough the file is present in /usr/local/sbin/alsaconf .
Is there any thing i missed ???

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: alsa sound module
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:31:36 AM »
If you downloaded the extension through the web page you also need to install the dependencies.  Bash is one of them, as well as the alsa modules.  The appbrowser takes care of this automatically.

Offline muruli

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:08:52 AM »
I downloaded it through appbrowser and it downloaded all its dependencies including bash. Then i untared it  at /  path.

Offline muruli

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 05:15:30 AM »
is there any difference in installing and dowloading and install through appbrowser.
Please suggest

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 06:14:13 AM »
Untarring extensions is not recommended as key things that set up the extension do not occur.  First, the startup script is not run.  Also, either ldconfig or depmod is not called which does get called depending on extension suffix.  Untarring is not installing the extension.  "tce-load /path/to/extensionname.tce" is how to install the extension on the command line.

Offline muruli

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 06:40:37 AM »
Thanks for your kind suggestion.After running depmod and ldconfig it is working fine.
Actually i was also thinking of same but didnot run depmod.
once again thanks