WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: xwayland update for x86_64  (Read 765 times)

Offline GNUser

xwayland update for x86_64
« on: November 28, 2023, 05:51:55 PM »
Hi Juanito. I see you are the maintainer for xwayland.tcz. Would you kindly update this extension in x86_64 repo when you have a chance?

I'm experiencing an Xwayland-related bug in labwc that the labwc developers cannot reproduce. I'd like to exclude the bug being due to xwayland.tcz being too old before I investigate further. Thanks in advance :)

Offline GNUser

Re: xwayland update for x86_64
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 07:22:08 PM »
P.S. The issue is tooltips in xwayland windows which refuse to go away, even after mouse pointer has moved away from the button associated with the tooltip. I reported it to labwc developers here: https://github.com/labwc/labwc/issues/1234

Offline GNUser

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 07:54:23 PM »
I just realized that xwayland is intertwined with all of Xorg and that this is a whopper of a request.

I'm going to solve my problem by disabling tooltips, which I have no use for anyway. Please disregard the thread.

Offline CardealRusso

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 07:06:11 AM »
Eu queria muito testar o wayland, mas meus drivers proprietários estão incorretos.

Também, realmente é uma má prática compilar programas para X hoje em dia (no caso recente de aMule), uma vez que diversas fontes diferentes afirmam a depreciação do X.
E também com certeza xwayland não deveria ser uma boa prática, mas sim converter os programas X para wayland ou simplesmente buscar alternativas. Por exemplo, o MPV do repositório atual está totalmente desatualizado, entretanto a versão mais recente do MPV está totalmente bloatware, nem parece que é MPV. Não há outra opção senão atualizar o MPV e recorrer a alternativas mais leves como MPLAYER.

Red Hat considers Xorg deprecated and will remove it in the next major RHEL release

It's Time To Admit It: The X.Org Server Is Abandonware

Online curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 08:24:35 AM »
Please use English in the common forum areas.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline GNUser

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 09:38:38 AM »
CardealRusso, we can discuss in Portuguese here:
https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,956.0.html

I just subscribed to that thread. You are also welcome to send me PM in Portuguese and I will respond in Portuguese.

We should be courteous and follow the forum's rules, which seem quite reasonable.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:46:40 AM by GNUser »

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 06:46:49 AM »
xwayand updated - the cursor still doesn't initially appear in x windows

Offline GNUser

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 07:43:27 AM »
Wow, I was not expecting this. Thank you, Juanito.