WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Easiest way to install tiny core extensions from CD  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mik3ca

Easiest way to install tiny core extensions from CD
« on: March 06, 2021, 02:40:21 PM »
I did end up installing Tiny Core 12.0 onto my computer and when it comes to installing extensions, I click the apps icon and some buttons seem to be missing in this release. I see an "apps" button and a search dropdown menu. Anyways, I played around and it seems if I install an app, it would download it off the internet.

I did end up investigating the CD since its the CorePlus CD and I see a bunch of extensions are available in the cde/optional folder

is there an easy way I can install an extension directly from the CD to the hard drive instead of using the internet? (even if it means using a simple command from the command line)?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Easiest way to install tiny core extensions from CD
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 09:41:16 PM »
Hi mik3ca
... is there an easy way I can install an extension directly from the CD to the hard drive instead of using the internet? (even if it means using a simple command from the command line)?
Sure. After you boot up, insert your CD. Click on the  MountTool  icon and mount the CD. It should be  sr0  or  sr1.
So if your CD is sr0:
Code: [Select]
cp /mnt/sr0/cde/optional/ExtensionName.tcz /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optionalFor each  ExtensionName.tcz  you copy, you also need  ExtensionName.tcz.md5.txt  and  ExtensionName.tcz.dep if it
exists. If there's an  ExtensionName.tcz.dep , you will need to copy the files listed in it, as well as their .md5.txt and .dep files.
Then repeat the same with any of those .dep files. If you want to copy everything, then:
Code: [Select]
cp /mnt/sr0/cde/optional/* /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional
Some extensions on the CD may not be as current as those that get downloaded from the repository.