WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: crond TCL version 11.1  (Read 2348 times)

Offline mocallins

crond TCL version 11.1
« on: December 22, 2020, 10:08:07 AM »
I've tried pretty much everything i found with a  google search of cron(d) and @reboot.

Even tried different spellings of @reboot (all lower case, all uppercase, just capital R),
nothing helps.
 the example "* * * * *  sh /home/tc/bin", works as expected and bothers you every minute.

Started with debug level 0, find no errors.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: crond TCL version 11.1
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 10:25:40 AM »
Hi mocallins
I've tried pretty much everything i found with a  google search of cron(d) and @reboot. ...
There is no command called  @reboot.  There is a  reboot  command and it needs to be run as root:
Code: [Select]
sudo reboot

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 11:02:59 AM »
I don't think busybox cron supports all those special timings. See busybox docs and the source for details.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline CNK

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 08:11:38 PM »
The Wikipedia page for Cron describes @reboot as a non-standard definition, so it shouldn't be surprising if BusyBox doesn't support it.

Cronie is a crond implementation that supports it. There's no TCL extension for it, but maybe you could make one if you really need @reboot? Though don't forget about /opt/bootlocal.sh.

Offline mocallins

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 11:33:25 AM »
Hmmm, well i find references many places that it isn't supported, but nothing on the BusyBox site (busybox.net)
But then again some source code that shows it is implemented, however i don't know how it is implemetened in TinyCore.

I think whomever included it in TinyCore should do the lookup and find out if it is implemented.

I've done my due diligence to see if I'm doing everything correctly, and i feel that i have.
So now i'm reporting it.