Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Corepure64

gnumeric takes minutes to open some spreadsheets

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rich:
Hi GNUser
I modified some old scripts form the repo to handle that. I'll post them a little later today.

GNUser:
Thanks, Rich. It will be interesting to compare notes.

Meanwhile, I've compiled goffice and tried it with the existing gnumeric extension from repository. The issue persists.

I'm working on recompiling gnumeric against the new goffice. This seems to fetch all of gnumeric's build deps:

--- Code: ---tce-load -wi compiletc itstool rarian-dev gtk3-dev intltool libgsf-dev librsvg-dev glib2-dev
--- End code ---
Again, I needed to also get the .la files from glib2-dev.tcz from TC9.x

Rich:
Hi GNUser
The attached tarball contains:

--- Code: ---gnumeric-1.10.17.item-grid.diff
gnumeric.build
gnumeric.desktop
goffice.build
itstool.build
--- End code ---
itstool.build  was only needed for gnumeric 1.12.x because the current version was too old.

Place  goffice.build  in its own directory and run it:

--- Code: ---./goffice.build > goffice.log 2>&1
--- End code ---
The only extension that depends on  goffice  is  abiword  (as far as I know). and may not be compatible with it.

Place  gnumeric-1.10.17.item-grid.diff,  gnumeric.build,  gnumeric.desktop, and  libdrm.la  in their own directory.
You can find  libdrm.la  here:
http://tinycorelinux.net/10.x/x86_64/tcz/src/libdrm/la/
Then run:

--- Code: ---./gnumeric.build > goffice.log 2>&1
--- End code ---
gnumeric-1.10.17.item-grid.diff  is a patch I wrote to fix an error message caused by freeing a non-existent object.

GNUser:
Thank you, Rich. I will try to build it that way as an alternative. However, I figured out how the long way to do it:

--- Code: ----> First, copy all .la files from TC9.x version of glib2-dev.tcz and libdrm-dev.tcz into /usr/local/lib

-> For goffice:
$ tce-load -wi compiletc gtk3-dev libgsf-dev librsvg-dev libxslt-dev intltool glib2-dev libdrm-dev
$ cd goffice-extracted-source-tarball
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
$ make
$ make DESTDIR=/opt/destgoffice

-> create goffice.tcz from /opt/destgoffice
-> in goffice.tcz.dep: libgsf.tcz librsvg.tcz libxslt.tcz gtk3.tcz bzip2-lib.tcz
-> load the new goffice.tcz extension (reboot if old goffice.tcz is currently loaded)

-> For gnumeric:
$ tce-load -wi compiletc itstool rarian-dev gtk3-dev intltool libgsf-dev librsvg-dev glib2-dev libdrm-dev
$ cd gnumeric-extracted-source-tarball
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
$ make
$ make DESTDIR=/opt/destgnumeric

-> create gnumeric.tcz from /opt/destgnumeric
-> in gnumeric.tcz.dep: goffice.tcz libglade.tcz

--- End code ---

I can confirm that with the rebuilt goffice.tcz and gnumeric.tcz the problem is gone.

Rich, as always, you are the best. Thanks for pinpointing the problem. I was going around in circles and lost quite a bit of sleep last night--wish I had just asked here first :)

Rich:
Hi GNUser
I compiled gnumeric 1.12.7 and 1.12.45 (along with goffice and itstools) and in both cases they spewed the errors shown in your
original post. So I reverted back to 1.10.17 which showed this error:

--- Code: ---(gnumeric:4554): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 161 was not found when attempting to remove it
--- End code ---
This error was always present but older versions of glib ignored it instead of reporting it. The included patch fixes that. After
I fixed it I found out it had also been fixed in later versions.

Aside from all the error messages in the current version, it won't save your preferences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version