Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Corepure64

gnumeric takes minutes to open some spreadsheets

<< < (3/4) > >>

GNUser:
Hi, Rich.

I compiled goffice 0.10.32 and gnumeric 1.12.32 on TC10.1 64-bit. (I chose these particular versions because I have a complete Debian Stretch mirror--including source packages--and these are the versions in my mirror. I compiled the upstream tarball I grabbed from my mirror, without any of the Debian patches.)

The build steps I took are exactly what I detailed in my prior post.

I do not see the "Source ID...not found when attempting to remove it" error when I run the gnumeric 1.12.32 extension that I created. The only error I get now is this one when I open any spreadsheet:

--- Code: ---Glib-GIO-Message: 11:37:55.659: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
--- End code ---
There are no other errors when opening or closing spreadsheets, and they open immediately. It doesn't bother me if it doesn't save my settings--I just need to view, edit, and save spreadsheets; default settings are good enough for me.

Rich:
Hi GNUser

--- Quote from: GNUser on October 01, 2019, 11:41:30 AM --- ... The only error I get now is this one when I open any spreadsheet:

--- Code: ---Glib-GIO-Message: 11:37:55.659: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
--- End code ---
--- End quote ---
Try installing  dconf.tcz.

If the toolbar icons along the top of gnumeric all look like little terminals, install  gnome-icon-theme.tcz.

GNUser:
Hi, Rich. Installing dconf.tcz made the error disappear, so no more errors of any kind! gnumeric is a must-have application for me, so I'm really happy that it is running without any errors. THANK YOU! ;D

All icons show up fine even though gnome-icon-theme is not installed. The only icon themes I have installed are adwaita-icon-theme.tcz and hicolor-icon-theme.tcz (dependencies of gparted.tcz).

Rich:
Hi GNUser

--- Quote from: GNUser on October 01, 2019, 01:08:03 PM --- ... All icons show up fine even though gnome-icon-theme is not installed. The only icon themes I have installed are adwaita-icon-theme.tcz and hicolor-icon-theme.tcz (dependencies of gparted.tcz).
--- End quote ---
You are right. I think there is a script that got fixed in one of the extensions to tell GTK to use those other icon packages
if they are installed.

curaga:
Regarding the .la files, it's an upstream change, not one by us. Those packages changed build systems from autotools to meson, and as a consequence no longer generate .la files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version