WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Stuck! Totally forgot how to install PiCore on Raspi 1c  (Read 3402 times)

Offline NormOnatorr

Stuck! Totally forgot how to install PiCore on Raspi 1c
« on: September 04, 2019, 02:51:49 AM »
 :-\
Oh dear! I think my brain has become Tiny Core!
Please can anyone help me get started here as I just want my Raspi PiCore player working to play music on:

I am using a Raspi 1c (early gen obviously) and it was working ay some point before I mucked about with it a few years ago trying to get Spotify working on it ( I now understand Spotify doesn't work with some earlier versions of software).

I am using LMS on a Netgear Duo v1 and that feeds a Squeezebox Touch in one room which works nicely (apart from Spotify but sod that for now!).

What I am trying to do is get this raspi 1c playing my music from the Netgear Duo in another room. I have used Apple Pi baker before but I can't get it to work now so I am totally stuck and the Raspi doesn't work since I tried installing a version that I thought would run Spotify (why did I bother?!).

Summary:
I am trying to:
• Set up a raspi 1c with PiCore Player
• Using Netgear Duo v1 running LMS 7.8.0 - 1395409907 / sparc-linux/Perl Version: 5.8.8 - sparc-linux
• I was trying to use Apple Pi Baker v2 to set up the card with the software
• I can't recall if you install to the card then simply slot it back into the Raspi & power the thing up etc

Help!

Many thanks in advance & any help much appreciated.

Pete

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Stuck! Totally forgot how to install PiCore on Raspi 1c
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 05:25:11 AM »
Hi NormOnatorr
There's a diffirent site for  piCorePlayer  support:
piCorePlayer support is all handled over at https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110642-ANNOUNCE-piCorePlayer-5-0-0.

There are also help docs on our web site at https://www.picoreplayer.org/index.html

Offline NormOnatorr

Re: Stuck! Totally forgot how to install PiCore on Raspi 1c
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
Thanks Rich - I'll take a look. I did set it up once so it must be possible.   :)

Cheers,
Pete