WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tce-ab WGET 550 response | App Browser fail  (Read 3105 times)

Offline spacewevil

tce-ab WGET 550 response | App Browser fail
« on: August 05, 2019, 09:41:42 AM »
Hi All,
Long time user, but not sure if I have posted before so here goes.

Are the repo's down ? On Saturday I was building lots of test hosts using the EZremaster utility, and mid-afternoon (UK GMT) my 10.1 client stopped being able to access the main repo's. At first I assumed it was my Check Point firewall at home doing something "interesting" with the traffic. I removed all security policy and allowed all traffic outbound uninspected - no change. I tested on a 2 x 4G connections outbound - no change. I got to the work office this morning and tried again but still no luck with 10.1. I installed a 7.x (can't remember) just to test an older version - no luck.

I have continuously checked all weekend and today for other users reporting issues but seen nothing - surely I can't be the only user who has noticed this can I ??

If there some kind of repo availability checking status page that I am missing ?

Thanks All

JT

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: tce-ab WGET 550 response | App Browser fail
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 10:09:46 AM »
Hi spacewevil
To the best of my knowledge, the repo has not been down:
http://tinycorelinux.net/10.x/x86/tcz/

What does this command return:
Code: [Select]
cat /opt/tcemirror

Offline spacewevil

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 10:22:56 AM »
Hi Rich,

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/distributions/tinycorelinux

When trying to use the App Browser I get the generic "Couldn't load mirror list. Maybe network issue?".

#tce-ab
wget: bad response to RETR:550 Failed to open file.

As I mention, I have tried 4 public IP connections outbound, 2 with Check Point firewalls with and without security policy (other than layer 3 + 4 outbound permission), and also 2 x unfiltered 4G connections. It all worked flawlessly on Saturday but stopped Saturday night.

I thought maybe I had had my IP blocked because I was doing lots of repo pulls as I was remastering lots of ISO's for a project I am building, but having tried the others I cannot say this is now true.

DNS is correct, set to 9.9.9.9 and 8.8.8.8.

Any other thoughts would be much appreciated. Im a bit stuck for my efforts to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks

JT

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »
Hi spacewevil
Your URL is hosed. Goto:
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub
There is no  metalab  directory listed.

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »
Hi spacewevil
Go here:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:mirrors
and pick another mirror. Then update your  tcemirror  file. Example:
Code: [Select]
echo ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/tinycorelinux/ > /opt/tcemirrorMake sure you include the trailing slash in the URL.

Offline spacewevil

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 10:45:56 AM »
Thank you kind sir.

That really was making me scratch my head.

Looking in more detail, I believe that this was being pulled from an old mounted disk I had. Although, the /dev/sda disk was not actually mounted within the OS so not entirely sure how that happened. After realising that this must have been my /dev/sda after using another fresh download of TinyCore Core-current.iso and still getting that same FTP URI, it must have been something my side.

Again, super thanks, My project continues ... of which I hope to share as a custom ISO in the coming weeks.

JT

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 10:54:09 AM »
Hi spacewevil
... this must have been my /dev/sda after using another fresh download of TinyCore Core-current.iso and still getting that same FTP URI, it must have been something my side. ...
If the ISO found a  tce  directory  on  sda  it will restore whatever is in  tce/mydata.tgz.  If you happened to have an  /opt/  directory
backed up in there, it would have been restored and supplied the old  tcemirrir  file.