WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Poll

how many are we?

yes, I'm using dCore
6 (46.2%)
no, I'm not using dCore
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: how many are we?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline jls

how many are we?
« on: April 13, 2016, 02:30:50 AM »
how many are we?
dCore user

Offline Onyarian

Re: how many are we?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 01:44:28 PM »
With me, 2 [emoji1]

Enviado desde mi D5503 mediante Tapatalk

Offline coreplayer2

how many are we?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 11:53:29 PM »
Please Define "we"?? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nitram

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »
Still around, just not as active - springtime!

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 12:08:23 PM »
Currently lurking at best but dedicated to return to active state eventually. Count me in!

Offline LichenSymbiont

• Github: LichenSymbiont
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 02:26:49 PM »
Well, i'm not too far away ^^

I'm working on an XCB-based widgets layer, for making a WM and a small "desktop environment"/IDE, which will be fun to use in such a small and efficient distro as dCore.
I've just been uninspired to communicate here, as I'd like to have this published, and have you guys test it.

I'm going back to working on my projects again, but I will be back once I have a WM and the other thing ready for release.
Code will be published on my github of course. And I really hope there will be contributors, or at least users of the library... or all my faith in humanity will be lost... as every damn WM has it's home-brewed widgets, instead of using a lightweight library that can be improved by hundreds or thousands of developers. By knowing what's already out there, it will become the library of choise of small graphical programs, as there are no modern widgets libraries that has not tried to take on too much -- GTK and Qt being examples of taking on way too much. There are however some small widgets libraries for OpenGL that's exclusively for getting widgets on the screen and handling events in the widgets.

So, see you all later.

Oh, and I don't think I commented on "recent" changes to the wiki, sm8ps, but it's looking good! I'd like to have seen some more buzz on here, but I hope my lightweight desktop environment (or whatever to call it), will stirr things up in here (in a positive way) :)
Basic mindfulness discipline: Why not be totally relaxed and fearless in this moment?
I have finally started my Github page for dCore: https://github.com/LichenSymbiont/linux-scripts