WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Can not install any application  (Read 1608 times)

Offline polo

Can not install any application
« on: April 17, 2016, 10:52:10 PM »
Hello guys,

I would like to ask you for help with installation of application. I installed Tiny core Linux version 7.0 and everything went fine till the moment when I wanted to install rdesktop package (or any other package). I am able to browse packages, but I am not able to install them. I am trying to do it via GUI. Internet connection works properly.

There is not any log file with detailed information about the error.
My repository in "/opt/tcemirror" is:
"http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/".

The attempt for app install ends (in status line) with message:  "rdesktop.tcz Failed".

Can you give me a hint, please?
Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:04:06 PM by polo »

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Can not install any application
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:35:14 AM »
Maybe your download got corrupted - you could try deleting rdesktop* from your tce/optional folder and then trying "tce-load -wil rdesktop"  from a terminal window.

Offline polo

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:45:44 AM »
Thank you for the fast answer. I am newbie here, so can you describe deleting rdesktop* in details? I dont know where is tce/optional folder.
Anyway, I tried to perform the "tce-load -wil rdesktop" commad, but I didnt get any output.  It seems, that "rdesktop" is not still installed.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 12:51:20 AM »
If you open the apps gui, it will tell you where your tce/optional folder is (mine says "TCE: /mnt/sdb1/tce/optional").

You can then try this:
Code: [Select]
$ ls /mnt/sdb1/tce/optional/rdesktop*..(subtituting your tce/optional folder location) to see if rdesktop downloaded.