Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

mount sr0 with audio-cd - how?

<< < (2/3) > >>

emninger:
Hi Juanito! Your cli line works for me too. But how to translate it to a media player (vlc e.g.)?

Juanito:
It works with xmms  :)

--- Code: ---Right Click: on XMMS panel
Click: Options > Preferences
  AUDIO I/O PLUGINS--
    Input Plugins, Click: CD Audio Player 1.2.11
    Press: Configure
    CD Audio Player--
       Device & Drive 1:
         For Device enter: /dev/cdrom
         For Directory enter: /mnt/sr0
         For Play Mode click: Digital Audio Extraction
           (ignores whether there is an audio cable connected)
         Click: Check Drive
         Click: Close on pop-up dialog box
         Note: Click on Add Drive only if needing multiple drives
         Click: OK
--- End code ---

emninger:
Thanks a lot Juanito (btw, how do you do to know all these things?? :D )!

But, please don't take me wrong, xmms is not the most intuitive and logical gui mediaplayer.

Is it an insolent request to ask for a nicer, more intuitive and not so sourcehungry mediaplayer extension (at a first step i went vlc because from other linuxes i know often it works even when other don't - but you cannot call it small)?

In slackware i use whaawmp (which seems to me small but pretty much functional; i tried to built of it my own extension but i was unable to find all dependencies - and for sure i'm not so close to compiling that i'd be able to create the missing dependencies too). Another app that comes up to my mind would be exaile (but i didn't use it since a long time - when i gave up lubuntu for slackware ;) ).

In any case, big thank you for your patience!

PS. Left aside the question, if audacious is able to do the same as xmms, i don't know why there isn't a nicer skin for it (in lubuntu it looks totally different).

patrikg:
cvlc cdda://[device][@[track]]

Juanito:

--- Quote from: emninger on December 29, 2015, 11:24:34 AM ---Hi Juanito! Your cli line works for me too. But how to translate it to a media player (vlc e.g.)?

--- End quote ---

I believe some or all of audacious, banshee, brasero, rhythmbox, sound-juicer, totem and vlc require "gvfs-mount cdda://sr0" to work and it doesn't  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version