WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: FLASH SCRIPT UPDATE  (Read 2987 times)

Offline meo

FLASH SCRIPT UPDATE
« on: April 19, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »
Hi Y'all!

I've got a problem. I have the Flash 11 extension put ondemand not to waist resources when not needed. But I can't log in on one of my favorite sites because flash 11 just doesn't work on it. It's a flash driven site with a lot of graphical functions and very well made. With newer editions of flash it works on just about any platform. So if someone more knowledgeable than me feels up to update the getFlash11.tcz script I would be very grateful since that would allow me to do most of my computing using Tiny Core. I'm using the 32 bit standard X version but I guess that the script works on other ones too. Thanks beforehand!  ;)

Kind Regards,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline coreplayer2

Re: FLASH SCRIPT UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 03:39:44 PM »
I've updated the flash update script a couple times already to accommodate pulse audio and iirc alsa, afaik is working fine

The current version installed by using getflash* is Adobe's latest flash version available for Linux With current security updates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:04:16 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
Try www.sensisoft.com
Or http://www.saizenmedia.com/keepersgame  (which I have to say is quite spectacular)
for some of the latest actionscripting available which plays nicely using FlashV11

You will most likely have to select "Allow and remember" to each of FireFox's outdated plugin reminder, have not yet found a way to disable that unfortunate popup

How is your site not allowing it to be viewed using an older plugin??? Usually it's a simple case of selecting "activate for this site"

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:09:44 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 05:16:49 PM »
I also feel you'll have better success placing Flash11 extension in OnBoot list

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »
Hi meo
Firefox may be blocking Flash because it thinks it's outdated. Enter the following in the address bar:
Code: [Select]
about:configClick the  I'll be careful  button. Find:
Code: [Select]
extensions.blocklist.enabledand set it to  false
Restart the browser and see if it works.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »
Rich, that's a nice option especially with persistence

8)

Offline meo

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:16:57 AM »
Hi again!

Thanks for your willingness to help me out. Rich, I tried your suggestion but it didn't work and I really checked that extensions.blocklist.enabled was put to false. Though there are a lot of extensions.blocklist options. Such as interval and Url etc. Maybe one of theese is the bad guy. By the way the site is WGT Golf. Since I can't play golf even if I should have the means to play golf on international courses my arms would kill me if I tried. I suffer from a medical conditional that affects the muscles in my body so they (the few I have working) would cause an indurable ace and pain. So playing golf online is my only option. Thanks again for your assistance!

Sincerely Yours,
Mats Olsson (meo)
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 02:59:25 AM »
Hi Y'all!

Have tried with other linux distributions but with no success. Seems like an impossible task to make it work on linux.

Greetings from Sweden where the spring time has come in all it's beauty,
meo