WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: VirtualBox Guest Additions for Tiny Core Linux 6.0 (partial)  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Taka Matsutsuka

• Tiny Core Linux-related blog
VirtualBox Guest Additions for Tiny Core Linux 6.0 (partial)
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:56:38 AM »
Hi,

I'm new here but I have been using Tiny Core Linux for some years and quite like it.

I'm not sure if someone have done this already, but I have made VirtualBox Guest Additions for Tiny Core Linux 6.0.
It might be useful as I've seen SO MANY requests of Guest Additions for 5.x on the Internet.

I succeeded the file sharing with the host using Tiny Core Linux 6.0 but the method described on my page should be applicable to 5.x as well. The checked versions were Tiny Core Linux 6.0 and VirtualBox 4.3.20.

http://www.markn.org/blog/2015/01/tiny-core-6-vbox-file-sharing.html
Please click "English below" link on the page and you'll see the English description how to compile and the download link to the pre-made package.

It was only partially done as it enabled the file sharing but the mouse integration has not been done yet, as my biggest concern was the file sharing with the host system and I don't know much about the window system.

Anyway it would be nice if someone could extend this to make the completed version of Guest Additions.
Hope it helps,

Taka