WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: PXE GUI Booting  (Read 1612 times)

Offline dsantiago

PXE GUI Booting
« on: May 27, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
I know this has been posted before yet I havent found the solution or what I am doing wrong. 

First off I am using the Tiny Core Provided by http://repurpose.vmwarecloud.at/  Great program works perfectly.  I built a PXE server after failing with a FOG Server  So Far the PXE Server works great!  I am able to boot clonezilla from it and will soon start making images from it.  I am able to boot tinyCore from it at the moment however when it boots I get a terminal and not the full screen VMware Login Console like in the ISO.  I have remastered the core.gz to include everything from cde in the tmp/tce/tcz folder.  I have also added the line in the PXE menu to include the onboot.lst which attempts to load however what I can make out on the screen is the files cannot be found in the /tmp/tce/tcz/ location.  I have placed them in several locations in an attempt for the to be found and I am unsure as to where this is referencing.  The errors flash so fast that even taking a picture of the screen I only get a blur.   

I am lost and have been fighting this for weeks.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: PXE GUI Booting
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
We don't support programs not provided by the tinycore repos.
You can use ezremaster.
Another option is to use an nfs share as a tce directory.
/tmp/tce/tz is not a valid core directory.
Use a vmware virtual disk, put your tce directory there, and "tce-load -iw Xvesa Xprogs flwm_topside wbar"  after booting.