WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: fluff crashes with jwm window manager  (Read 2156 times)

Offline paskali

fluff crashes with jwm window manager
« on: March 17, 2014, 03:46:02 AM »
Hi all, i tried to use fluff (all variants available on repository) but it often crashes with jwm window manager, in particular it is not possible to minimize/restore window.

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
Re: fluff crashes with jwm window manager
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:10:52 PM »
paskali: Hi, I'm the developer of Fluff and I apologize that I have not seen your crash report and responded until now.  I've been mostly away from Tiny Core figuratively speaking, for about two years.  Fluff was developed for use primarily with FLWM window manager.   I had another developer work with me for a short time that I believe looked into issues with JWM, but he is not involved any more. If you want to stay with JWM, I'm sure you have found something else that will work for you.  Back when I used Puppy Linux on JWM, I used the default Rox Filer, and it worked well, after I got used to it.

Fluff has been tested on Gnome 2 and and with Enlightenment it worked OK on those (after some tweaks for E17). I may get back into Tiny Core at some point, but I imagine I won't be actively supporting JWM with my FLTK apps.  Hope you find good alternatives! ;)

Offline coreplayer2

fluff crashes with jwm window manager
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »
Mike, thx for the latest fluff   We now have fluff working perfectly in tc5.x x86 and x86_64 pure using most window managers (though have not tried jwm).
Fluff is awesome, long live fluff
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:01:08 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:58:12 AM »
I appreciate the accolades, coreplayer2. I should really try the 5.3 version of Tiny Core on my ASUS laptop that needs UEFI to boot.  Then I would be more motivated to get back into FLTK development. 

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 11:09:02 AM »
Yes please :D