Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce the availability of piCore 5.2.1
, the Raspberry Pi port of Tiny Core Linux. It is an independent system architected by Robert Shingledecker and now developed by a small team of developers with strong community support.
Tiny Core Linux is not a traditional distribution but a toolkit to create your own customized system. It offers not only flexibility, small footprint but a very recent kernel and set of applications making it ideal for custom systems, appliances as well as to learn Linux, matching Raspberry Pi perfectly. It is running entirely in RAM. There is no installation in conventional terms; extensions mounted read only, after reboot the same clean system is available. Base raw SD card image with CLI version is only 21.5 Mbyte including RPi boot loader, firmware and support files.
Changes from 5.2:
* kernel updated to 3.13.6
* updated RPi firmware
* added more protection of TC scripts against bad extensions
* added kernel modules required by USB 3G adapters
* added kernel modules required to connect WiFi AP with SHA encryption
* added ntpserver=<serveraddress> boot option to define ntp server (default pool.ntp.org)
* added /etc/sysconfig/ntpserver config file to define ntp server address
* fixed issues that modules were not found in /usr/local/lib
* USB CLASS modules are not built into the kernel but real modules part of base
Images with preinstalled SSH for headless operation and with GUI also available at http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/armv6/release/
For support visit http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/board,57.0.html
piCore Release Manager