Tiny Core Extensions > Extension requests

FPC (FreePascalCompiler) and Lazarus (IDE)

<< < (2/5) > >>

bitpusher:

--- Quote from: Zendrael on February 24, 2014, 11:57:51 AM ---Please, report to the thread ( http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,15906.0.html ) so we can include the fpc and lazarus in the 5.x repo.
--- End quote ---

My understanding was that the thread over there is for things that can be just moved over to 5.x "as they are"?

However the 4.x package of Lazarus/fpc is 1.0.8/2.6.2
whereas 1.0.14/2.6.2 is current
and 1.2.0/2.6.2 coming soon.

Moreover there are the issues of the lost window positions and the non working keyboard short-cuts
(I just checked again: It is not that all <alt> or <ctrl> combinations are not working, e.g. <alt><F3> works, however you can not use the underlined characters in the main menu with <alt>. Other things like <ctrl><F9> get snatched away by the window manager...

ghar:

--- Quote from: bitpusher on February 25, 2014, 03:23:27 AM ---However the 4.x package of Lazarus/fpc is 1.0.8/2.6.2
whereas 1.0.14/2.6.2 is current
and 1.2.0/2.6.2 coming soon.

--- End quote ---

It's well worth waiting, so we will have an up-to-date extension.

Zendrael:

--- Quote from: bitpusher on February 25, 2014, 03:23:27 AM ---My understanding was that the thread over there is for things that can be just moved over to 5.x "as they are"?

--- End quote ---

Yes, if the extension works on 5.x without recompiling or other adjusts, it can be mentioned in the thread.

There are no guarantees that the the next FPC and Lazarus will be updated in the repo as soon as it is released - thats why you must talk with the maintaner of the extensions.

Juanito:
fpc and lazarus copied to the tc-5.x repo

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: bitpusher on February 25, 2014, 03:23:27 AM ---Other things like <ctrl><F9> get snatched away by the window manager...

--- End quote ---

In such case you'd either have to reconfigure keyboard shortcuts of app or wm (if possible) - or switch wm altogether.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version