WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: customized ISO with my file  (Read 5321 times)

Offline chang5811

customized ISO with my file
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »
I just started to use TinyCore 4.7 two weeks ago.  I intend to use it as a vm in my CentOR ( or RH) host.  However, I want to include few applications of my own --mainly written with python,  as part of background TC at boot-up. I put my python files in the ../tce/optional (where most of added tcz are) and edited the bootlocal.sh on the hard drive.  But How can I include the python files when I ezremaster to create the iso.  I installed the ezremaster.tcz from on-line and the gui processes of ezremaster did not mention to add other file type besides .tcz (at Extension Installation).  So my customized ISo only convers the python , pyserial another **.tcz from my ../tce/optional/

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: customized ISO with my file
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »
One solution is to create a .tcz file with yout Python progs in.

Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 01:01:01 AM »
EZRemaster allows you to include your backup file, and also to add general files (IIRC it tells you to open a shell if you want to edit the root fs, in one of the final steps).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline chang5811

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:07:49 AM »
I followed the steps in the tiny core book by Lauri Kasanen to create a tcz of my application folder and include it in to the onboot.lst and used the ezremaster to create the new iso. It works  I will certainly look into the EZremaster way (just learn so I need time to know some of its features).  I intend to use my customized Tinycore as a virtual machine (vm) on a RedHat host.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:11 AM »
Like Curaga mentioned, on the last step before you create the ISO in ezremaster you can open a shell and edit/add/change anything you want.  If you have any questions let me know. 

Offline chang5811

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
The last step before "create ISO" is "Remaster step #1" where system "saving options for ezremaster.cfg", extracting ISO, "adding boot codes.." and "adding application, mydata.tgz", but no where I could add/edit/change my own application, the only place I could edit on the ezremaster is the "Extension Installation" interactive page. I am using ezremaster 2.1, loaded from repo.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 05:21:23 PM »
When you get to the "Remaster Step #2" screen, before you click "Create ISO" you can go edit anything you want.  Depending on where you set your temp directory to it will be something like /tmp/ezremaster/extract to edit what will become the initrd, and /tmp/ezremaster/image to edit what will become the ISO image. 

Offline chang5811

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 11:35:39 AM »
After examining few articles of TinyCore,  I realized that for my simple case, I could edit the /opt/.filetool.lst and included my target subdir.  The Tinycore back up my setting into the mydata.tgz.  Then within the ezremaster steps, I included mydata.tgz into, when it created the image (ISO), it will be covered.  With such, I can update my target application easily.  Thanks all for the tips.