WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Image creation help needed.  (Read 3806 times)

Offline ribuck

Image creation help needed.
« on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »
Hi All,

I'm new to the whole linux world so please be gentle, if i'm making some really silly mistakes or assumptions.

Anyway, I've built myself a Citrix Receiver client to connect into our shared desktop environment. I've got the build exactly how i want it and it's working great.  Now i want to try and take an image of the machine so that i can stamp it out on several other machines.

I tried creating an iso image with ezremaster,  but when i booted the sio it generated it did not look anything like what i had created.

So how do i go about taking a copy of the pc as it is now, then install an exact copy of it on the local hard disk of another pc ?

Rich.

Offline ribuck

Re: Image creation help needed.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »
Come on guys, 23 people looked but not 1 person can help ???

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
Please read http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,5543.0.html
Using the "Home Help Search ... " line, earch the fora for 'ezremaster' .  There is a lot of information available.
These scripts are however not officially supported, nor are the ISOs they produce.

Offline ribuck

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »
Gerald,

I followed that link and tried searching for Ezremater and couldn't find the information i needed.  I'm really desperate for help on how to get ezremater to actually remaster a machine so it can be stamped out to many other.

Really need some linux guru help here from someone, as my job could be riding on this one so i'm getting pretty desperate.

Rich.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
Core is a tool set.  You need to learn what the tools do, and how to use them to build what you need.
Core is not a system for Linux neophytes.
If http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:remastering_with_ezremaster or the many other remastering articles in the wiki, and the articles in the forum
are not sufficient, you might look at  http://clonezilla.org/ instead.
Take the system you built and clone it

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 02:47:37 PM »
I followed that link and tried searching for Ezremater and couldn't find the information i needed.

It's ezremaster  ;)
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline theYinYeti

• YetI web site
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 12:47:26 AM »
ribuck, it may help to know how exactly you installed TC: what boot-loader, what kind of boot device, what partitioning…
In my experience, a TinyCore PC can be cloned by simply copying the files, and setting the boot-loader correctly.