WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: dnsmasq  (Read 2025 times)

Offline parky_dw

dnsmasq
« on: June 03, 2013, 02:49:41 AM »
I see this was originally reported two years ago and there has been no change - so I thought it might be worth repeating it as it did waste some of my time....

The documentation says the config file is /usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf.  In practice dnsmasq looks for /etc/dnsmasq.conf.  I know there was a philosophical discussion about which was the right location for the file, but, whatever the outcome of that, the documentation and the application should agree as to its location.

What doesn't help matters is that the application does not complain about the absence of the .conf file.  Following the TC documentation I created my initial version in /usr/local/etc, ran dnsmasq --test which came back with a "syntax ok"....but then nothing worked which had me scratching my head for a while.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: dnsmasq
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »
Hi parky_dw
Andriscom has not been active for a year but does mention that in this old post:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,9617.msg52701.html#msg52701
I have edited the comments section of the info file to match the behavior of dnsmasq. I also added some carriage returns
so the comments field would fit better in the AppBrowser window. I'll submit the new info file later today.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: dnsmasq
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »
Hi parky_dw
Updated info file submitted.