WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: LAMP stack for Corepure64  (Read 3878 times)

Offline sihorton

LAMP stack for Corepure64
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:54:57 AM »
I managed to build nodejs for corepure64 so my first 64-bit extension is working now! I am planning to move one of my servers over to the corepure64 port of tinycore. While there are many extensions available for corepure64 a number of the 32-bit extensions did not make their way across.

The packages I would like to see are:-

dropbear
sftp-server
apache2
apache2-mod-php5
nginx
freetds

If you already have build scripts for the 32-bit extensions then maybe you could test them on a corepure64 install and see if they will build ok? If not then I am willing to help the effort to get them available on corepure64.

I have skipped certain extensions like mysql etc so if anyone else wants them then post to this topic.

/Simon

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: LAMP stack for Corepure64
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:37:09 AM »
Hi sihorton
If you wish to take a look, the build scripts for  apache2, apache2-mod-php5, and nginx  can be found here:
http://tinycorelinux.net/4.x/x86/tcz/src/

Offline sebus

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »
I am sorry, but isn't this build script (ie for Apache2) for x86 & also requiring many other extensions that do not exist for corepure64 ?

sebus

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »
Hi sebus
Like any package, dependencies that don't exist will need to built first. From what I can tell, the only missing
packages are:
apr-util.tcz
apr.tcz
pcre.tcz

Offline sihorton

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »
Great - I can start from these build scripts and see how many of the extensions I can get working.

/Simon

Offline sihorton

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 02:35:46 PM »
Apache has a bit of a maze of dependencies, pcre for example can be configured in 8, 16 or 32 bit mode but no 64 bit mode that I could find. I think I will try and start with the easier extensions first and work my way up.

I have a working nginx although without any 3rdParty modules (which must be added at compile time). I took the existing build.sh from the src/ directory you linked to and made minor changes. I can send the tce files to the tcesubmit email address, what should I do with the new build script? I was thinking maybe it is best to call it build64 and submit it somewhere so it can be added to the 32 bit source directory?

If I have a build.sh script for the nodejs extension how to do I submit that to tinycore, do I email it as nodejs-src extension or do something else with it?

/Simon

Offline sihorton

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »
I have now submitted a first attempt at an nginx extension for corepure64. It does not include any 3rd party modules yet but I bumped the version up to 1.2.6. I had to work quite a bit with a submit script to convert the output into the correct format for submission but it is working now and I can reuse for any other "build.sh" based extensions.

/Simon

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
Hi sihorton
Place the source package and the build script into a compressed tarball, bcrypt it, and email it to the repository
just like submitting an extension. Mention in the email that this a build/src package for CorePure64 and the
name of the extension it builds.

Offline sihorton

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »
Ok that makes sense. I can submit the build scripts like that. I like the idea of having the build scripts available rather than just tce "blobs" as if someone else wants to compile or change something it gives them a nice headstart.

Thanks for the help again.

Simon

Offline sihorton

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »
I have successfully built and created the dropbear extension for corepure64 and submitted it.

I like dropbear it is extremely easy to use and hassle free. I am also getting better at writing build scripts I was using the tcztools extension before but I find it much simpler and easier to see what is happening to do the same actions using an ash script although my ash scripting skill is a bit limited, still you learn by trying new things.

I can see what extension I try and build next, I keep on choosing the ones I think are going to be easiest!

/Simon

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
Hi sihorton
A couple of months ago I decided to take a crack at building an extension. Since I had to build some dependencies
first, I worked out a little script to build the first dependency. Once I was satisfied, I used it as template for the
remaining packages. I've attached a copy of one of the scripts you can use as a source for ideas if you wish.
It creates the info file for consistent layout, filling in most of the fields from variables at the beginning of the script,
including the Current: field with the date the script was run and package version. It also finds the file size and fills
in the Size: field. If the config and compile succeed, it creates all the extension files (list, md5, etc.), puts them in a
tar.gz file, and bcrypts it with the tinycore password.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:05:18 PM by Rich »