WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Flash setup  (Read 40347 times)

Offline Yleisajattelija

Flash setup
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:26:49 AM »
Firefox/chrome flash is not working any more with finnish internet TV "yle areena". Worked until july/12 when there was large "engine update" on "yle areena".

Odd enough, old archive "Elava arkisto" works confless (flash plugin seems to be alive normally), so maybe there is something to do with copyright control. Those old archieve films are public domain and current programs copyright protected.

Current ubuntu flash works confless -> I think maybe TC flash server port setup might needed.

Any ideas?

Offline Yleisajattelija

Re: Flash setup
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
Last Firefox-compatible flash version is 11.2.202.243, getFlash11 installs xxxx38 version number, is this OK?

Chrome is still supported, thats behaving similarly than firefox.

When trying to start video, text "Jarjestelma valiaikaisesti pois kaytosta" is shown that means "System temporally out of use"

I try to dig log files.

Offline Yleisajattelija

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:33:37 AM »
Flash ports seems to be OK, verified by: http://www.flashcomguru.com/apps/port_test/index.cfm.

Ubuntu uses xx243 version of flash, so probably problem is that xx238version number.

When will xx243 be on TC?

Offline ananix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:08:37 AM »
Presumable never, as the license does not allow it, use getFlash11 VERSIONNUMBER to download the flash version that works for you.

Offline Yleisajattelija

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »
Version number selection is removed last update getFlash11 package (that is documented on package info).

What is that license? xx243 should be available, and last version supported for generic linux (not chrome)

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 02:57:48 PM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:03:53 PM by tinypoodle »
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
I will update getFlash11.scm to the xxx243 release.

Offline Yleisajattelija

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 01:52:34 AM »
I will update getFlash11.scm to the xxx243 release.

Thanks!

Offline ananix

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »
Version number selection is removed last update getFlash11 package (that is documented on package info).

What is that license? xx243 should be available, and last version supported for generic linux (not chrome)

My bad i dont follow along the minor updates of tce's and dont use scm at all, I download my flash my self from adobe's website no need for a script to do that anyway. Just move it to your browser plugin directory afterwards.

Maybe you are mistaking the license with a compatibility list. The license is about the legal distribution and usages of the flash plugin something you agreed you had read before you used it ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:22:22 AM by ananix »

Offline Yleisajattelija

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »
Loaded latest flash version but no help.

Seems that there is special security mechanism to protect media copy rights. At /home/tc/.adobe directory have some special 'S' file permission instead of normal 'rwx-' characters. 'Yle areena' checks some crypt key on this directory and without that key is not playing video.

Difficult.

Does anyone knows about this 'S' file permission character?

Edit: s and S are both setuid bits
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:20:06 PM by Yleisajattelija »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
Why don't you use yle-dl? Sure it's not as nice having to download in advance, but in exchange it seems to work perfectly, something which can't be said of Flash on any platform ;)

Also saves a lot of cpu (and so power) to use an optimized player, instead of the hog flash.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Yleisajattelija

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
Why don't you use yle-dl? Sure it's not as nice having to download in advance, but in exchange it seems to work perfectly, something which can't be said of Flash on any platform ;)

Also saves a lot of cpu (and so power) to use an optimized player, instead of the hog flash.

That answer includes, that yle-dl is working even real time playing is not.

So, I will compile yle-dl, too.

Problem is, first I started to compile xsane backends. That was Tc2.3 or something, now I have 2.7, and TC core, Xorg and CUPS works again and flash is not. Now I'm almost at starting point, not great proceeding, I would say!

Offline Yleisajattelija

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »
This is interesting case. I think this is the ultimate problem:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<script language="JavaScript">
JavaScript commands
</script>
Because there are different client-side languages, we need to indicate to the browser which language we are using in our scripts. To indicate the scripting language, we added the language attribute to the <script> tag. Since we are using JavaScript, we set the language tag to JavaScript. If you omit the language tag from your <script> tag, the browser will assume that your code is written in JavaScript.

If you place your scripting code outside of the HTML page, you still use the <script> tag but then just add the src attribute. The value of src attribute tells the browser where your JavaScript code is located. For instance,

<script language="JavaScript" src="JavaScript/displayDate.js">
</script>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For copyrights control to work, I think digital signature must be added on video stream. Probably RSA is calculated with client MAC address and stream is marked with that (or something like that). For yle-areena to work JavaScript must be enabled. JavaScript can exec code on client machine (that's why those setuid's).

Those ~/.adobe -directory files are 'S' setuid with is without 'x', but probably there is piece of Javascript code somewhere inside flashplayer -package
with 's' with 'x', and that code executes digital signature calculation with keys on ~/.abode directory.

Problem for TC is that executable script file path is hardcoded to HTLM-stream, and not found on TC becouse of /usr/local installtion point instead of /usr usually.

Solution is systematic "debian like filestructure" symlinks, which will solve that xsane problem too (or change TC installation point to normal scattered mode.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:55:24 PM by Yleisajattelija »

Offline ananix

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
<cut>
At /home/tc/.adobe directory have some special 'S' file permission
<cut>
Does anyone knows about this 'S' file permission character?

Edit: s and S are both setuid bits

In your case its a "setgid" (SGID). Directory is what gives it away.

I think the s stands for sticky not set anyway thats how ive always refered to them bits ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:53:34 AM by ananix »

Offline Yleisajattelija

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
Sticky bit is 't'.