WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: iostream.h  (Read 3503 times)

Offline ananix

iostream.h
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
Hi guys i know this is not really related to tcl other than thats my platform, but i need to compile program that uses iostream.h but it seems to be deprecated maybe someone knows what to do?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: iostream.h
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »

Offline ananix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 04:02:52 PM »
myaa had actualy read both before, from what i get the first one he's mistaking iostream.h with iostream, im not really sure they are the same thing so to not rewrite the code im hoping for someway to get iostream.h
The other post seems to be a mixup of programming language. Anyway in both cases they end up just using iostream which im not sure i can or will be big of a task.
I have some old borland ANCI C and Cpp libraries laying around maybe i can dust one up from there, i think it was pretty standard when i was a kid.
Ok while writing i tryed just replacing the .h maybe the task can be overcome think its about 15 places to rewrite.

Offline ananix

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »
its for making wmdockapps, they are so nice in openbox wbar desktop :) to bad that whole wm thing has been dead for so long :(

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
Hi ananix
I just did a search on my system and iostream.h is not there, but iostream is. Execute:
Code: [Select]
less `find /usr -name iostream`to see its contents. It sounds like the package you are trying to compile may be a bit old, and the C++ standard
may have changed a bit since it was last worked on. I don't do C++, but the solutions mentioned in those links
sound like what you want. A possible alternative might be to install gcc-3.3.6.tcz and compile with that. It contains:
Code: [Select]
opt/gcc-3.3.6/include/c++/3.3.6/backward/iostream.hAlso, check out this link:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/programming-9/whats-up-with-iostream-h-is-it-obsolete-43963/

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
On 29th January 2012, Window Maker 0.95.1 was released, making it the first official release in almost seven years.

Stable release 0.95.3 / May 16, 2012
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline ananix

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:45:33 AM »
thank you rich as mentioned i think a rewrite is not that difficult as you say i think i can use the methods mention in the two threads think it might be 10 to 15 places i need to rewrite as iostrean,h it seems to be the only decapricated code in the program.
compared to use older gcc i think rewrite and release it with new code would be the right and best thing to do for the world. Specialy if its only the iostream.h it seems fesable.

But thanks rich for more info and description.