WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Custom Extensions on Remaster?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline mellowmaroon

Custom Extensions on Remaster?
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
What is the standard way for including custom .tcz files in a remaster (using ezremaster)?  Copying them to the tce directory in extract_apps and including them in ezremaster.cfg isn't working for me, and I'm at a loss for what else to look at.

Or is there a way to get them to show up in the list of installed extensions (and selecting them all during the extension stage of creating the remaster)?  I know it is possible, I have gotten them to show up as installed before, I'm just not sure how and would like to know the best method for doing this.

Additionally, would any boot codes have any effect on my not being able to load custom extensions in the way I tried?  For instance, "base" or "norestore"?

Offline jls

Re: Custom Extensions on Remaster?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 01:44:24 AM »
Hi mellowmaroon

Put them on your tcedir and include them in ezremaster.cfg
dCore user

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 02:32:37 AM »
Yes, "base" ignores all extensions - that's the point of that bootcode.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline mellowmaroon

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:57 AM »
Got it! Thanks!

I was trying to streamline the boot process as much as possible using the boot codes and I guess I misunderstood what was being said with explanations of the "base" boot code.

Everything is working as expected with these two pieces of information.

I have a related question though: When I use tce-load to load a custom extension, shouldn't it appear in my tce's optional directory?  Why the extensions looked like they were being installed but weren't recognized in the list of extensions confused me.  I suppose it has something to do with the onboot list, correct?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 01:08:10 AM »
Yes, unless you give full path to tce-load, it tries to find it in the optional dir.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.