Tiny Core Base > CorePlus

How to boot CorePlus-4.5.5.iso frugally?

<< < (2/10) > >>

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: floppy on July 28, 2012, 05:19:55 AM ---Here is an example of one of my PCs:

====================== core4.lst ========================
fltk-1.10.tcz
Xlibs.tcz
appbrowser-cli.tcz
wbar.tcz
Xprogs.tcz
flwm_topside.tcz
Xorg-7.5.tcz

--- End quote ---

Note that adding dependencies of other extensions is redundant.

Benny7440:
Thanks to all that have contributed to my flaky understanding of this issue!

I've been trying to boot both laptops with TC, the VAIO via the grub I'm already using with a folder in sda2 with the necessary folders/files included there, from the cfcard too & the HP with the card in usb adapter (always the card was used with the adpater for usb). Never have seen a window with anything on it that tells me that TC is trying to do something.

So, I'm going to concentrate in trying to boot the HP with TC in the cfcard only. All editing have to be made in the VAIO, though.

The HP gave me an error message as follows:
 "Try (hdo,0): EXT2: No grldr
  Try (hdo,1): Invalid or null
  Try (hdo,2): Invalid or null
  Try (hdo,3): Invalid or null
BIOS: Drive=0x0, H=2, S=18
There's some more info but I deem it not congruent with this issue"

Have tried some different configurations of menu.lst when tried to boot the VAIO (frugally) but always the default OS booted up, but this last piece isn't important anymore.

Does anybody here is booting TC in a laptop via usb installation? If so, can you post your settings below?

Thanks in advance!

PS. I've been given a variety of configurations for grub's menu.lst but I don't know for sure what boot loader was used for Core Plus (guess was Grub4Dos). Can't I put a "pointer' in my menu.lst file for the boot loader in the sdb1 (cfcard) for making this last one boot TC? If possible it might be even easier than frugally doing so as I do the puppies I already have!

I was reviewing that menu.lst file that I use in the VAIO for frugally booting it up & discovered what I believe is an error: when trying to boot frugally I was referring to the partition of the hdd (sda2) but the UUID of the cfcard was included there anyway. I'm trying now to reboot after inserting there the sda2 corresponding UUID to see if this helps...

I'm posting this now because have to reboot. Tell you after I'm up again with the outcome of it.

Edit: I rebooted about 5 times but my PL528.005 was always the booted OS. I'm going to make a little change in menu.lst & try again.

Rich:
Hi Benny7440
It's difficult to follow what you are doing, jumping back and forth between two laptops and such. If I understand you
correctly, you have grub running and able to boot you choice of OSs. I'd like you to post two entries from your
menu.lst file, the TC entry which does not boot, and an entry which successfully boots from the same drive. That
should be enough for someone to fix whatever syntax problem is causing TC not to boot.

Benny7440:
Thank you Rich for replying on this issue!

I'll post below the requested segments:

Current OS in everyday use:
"# 1) Linux bootable partition config begins
  title Puppy Linux 528-005 frugal in sda2 dir puppy528-005
  rootnoverify (hd0,1)
  kernel /puppy528-005/vmlinuz pmedia=atahd psubdir=puppy528-005
  initrd /puppy528-005/initrd.gz
# Linux bootable partition config ends"

Current entry for CorePlus:
"# 6) CorePlus partition config begins
  title tinycorelinux frugal in sda2 dir tc
  rootnoverify (hd0,1)
  kernel /tc/vmlinuz quiet showapps nozswap pause
#  waitusb=10:(sda2) e7d0505e-59c4-4958-87db-cfe1c2528822
  tce=/tce printk.time=1 lst=core4.lst
  initrd /tc/core.gz
# CorePlus bootable partition config ends".

Hope this help to clarify things, thanks!

Addendum: In the cfcard I've core.gz, vmlinuz & 3 folders at root: boot (empty), isolinux (9 files here) & tce (empty). The boot folder is empty because I moved its contents to root in the hope it would be more readily available in the booting process (probably a mistake by my part).

gerald_clark:
All boot options belong on the kernel line.
Remove the commented waitusb line, and the tce line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version