WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: T Vision S100 - Zenega like hardware support for TV Out?  (Read 1936 times)

baggacfreak

T Vision S100 - Zenega like hardware support for TV Out?
« on: July 05, 2012, 06:41:38 AM »
Hi,

I have a T Vsion S100 hardware which I would like to use for tiny core linux.

http://wiki.freifunk-hannover.de/T-Online_S_100

It has a TV Out and I wondered whether this is supported by tinycore linux. My goal would be to set up tinycore linux with java and subsonic in jukebox mode. So that I can remotely select my mp3 files and playback on the T Vision S100 connected to a amp.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: T Vision S100 - Zenega like hardware support for TV Out?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29:24 AM »
Your link lists it having i830m graphics. If you install Xorg, you should get all the support for that chip that exists - note that the TV-out might not be supported under any linux. You'll need to try it :)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

baggacfreak

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 11:36:03 AM »
Hi,

with win XP it recognized 2 grafic adapters one of which is for the tv out. Have to test it on the weekend.

Thanks for the reply!

Offline hiro

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:26:51 AM »
No, TV out is not supported. For this you have to use a binary driver from Intel which only works together with a really old X version.

baggacfreak

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »
So no chance to take the drivers from the zenega distros? If the 128 MB Ram are not the problem and it will become a subsonic server best bet will be to install a vncserver or ssh, I guess.

Thanks for the replies!

Offline hiro

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:04:42 AM »
No, I don't think these old drivers would ever run with our much newer libc and kernel.
Either you use one of these old zenega distributions or you only use Xvesa (resolution might not be very high  though because of the small shared video memory).