WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: VMWare 4.0.1 typing problem  (Read 1470 times)

Offline KHarvey

VMWare 4.0.1 typing problem
« on: April 11, 2012, 06:35:58 AM »
I have installed TinyCore 4.3.2 into VMWare 4.0.1 (ESX) and I have ran into a problem with typing.  Sometimes when I press keys on my keyboard the letters do not show inside the VM, other times the letters will repeat 5 or 6 times from 1 key stroke.
This is slowly driving me crazy, as I am attempting to code inside this VM and being as I am already a crappy programmer this is making it that much harder.

Digging through the forums I found that VMWare tools would probably be the fix, but that package is currently broken and no longer in the repository.  Is there something else that I can try?  Maybe select a different keyboard layout?
I am running Fluxbox with Xorg, so if I need to configure Xorg to do something else I can.  The mouse is also really slow, but I can live with that, as long as my keystrokes show up.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Re: VMWare 4.0.1 typing problem
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »

Offline KHarvey

Re: VMWare 4.0.1 typing problem
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
Not sure that is the same issue.

I have since reinstalled TCL and it appears to be working, but I have not installed Xorg for Fluxbox yet.
When I get those two things installed I will try again.  I have a feeling it is probably Xorg that is causing the issue.