Team Tiny Core is proud to announce the release of Core 4.4.http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/release
The major theme for Core v4.4 is kernel & modules update and improved extension searching via tags.
Changelog for 4.4:
* Minor kernel update to 3.0.21 to support the following:
** ax25 / ham radio support
** efficeon agp patch
** r6040 mii fix
** isa libata enabled for very old laptops
** xts, gf128mul for truecrypt uses
** resolves the kernel panic issue when mounting CIFS shares.
* Updated tc-config with syslog/rsyslog patch
* Updated Xprogs.tcz: scmbrowser and smc-fetch.sh tweaks
* Updated search.sh added -t option for tag search.
* Updated provides.sh for CLI use.
* Updated appbrowser for new tag search.
* Updated ab keyword is now a tag search.
* Updated tce-size with date check on sizefile update.
* Updated tce-setup fixed when base boot code is used with missing /tmp/tce/optional directory.
* Updated tce-setdrive with a required readlink.
* Updated filetool.sh with a required readlink when used after tce-setdrive.
* Recompressed modules to save space.
* Added ssb module to base.
* Updated busybox 1.19.4 plus patches to fix busybox tftpd vulnerability.
* Updated tc-terminal-server to accomodate busybox tftpd vulnerability.
* Updated scm-search -t for tag searching.
* Updated scmbrowser for tag searching.
* Updated filetool.sh improved invalid device handling.
* Updated tce-setdrive now sets default backup device without a reboot.
* New boot code, e.g., iso=sdb1 booting from a single ISO file to load embedded extensions.
* New fromISOfile script for after boot support of a single ISO file embedded extensions.
* Updated rebuildfstab fixed pid checking.
* Updated exittc and filetool spelling.
Update instructions, from the release distribution files area:http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/release/distribution_files/
1. Copy over new vmlinuz
2. Copy over new core.gz
3. boot into new system
if You have/use X then
AppsAduit -> Dependencies -> Build Reporting Database -> Fetch Missing
or if you only use Core (no X) or Xorg did not start and only have a system prompt use:
Note: Xprogs.tcz has been updated and is now in the repository.