Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

minefield xchat

(1/3) > >>

softwaregurl:
I typed the command from the menu files to see what error is give.  I get this from both minefield and xchat.  They don't start.

--- Code: ---Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Illegal instruction
--- End code ---

curaga:
The locale error is not important; Illegal instruction on the other hand.. How old is the cpu on your computer?

Xchat can be pretty quickly fixed, as it's a small app, but FF, honestly, was such a beating it might take a lot of time before someone finds the time & will to redo it.

Jason W:
I am in the process of converting my extensions to i486 compatibility.  I wasn't thinking of non-i686 usage until recently, and after quite a few extensions were made.  I have changed over a few of them already and I was hoping I could get most of them done before the issue was noticed.

I had pulled out my Pentium 4 from safe keeping to play with kernel some but I will let it be of service in the extension rebuilding marathion.  I will start with GTK2 and Xchat and work my way down. 

Of course, folks are always welcome to rebuild and submit an extension.  The build scripts should pretty much work with some minor changes like the menu and other things that have changed the last few months.  The CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS would preferably change to:

export CFLAGS="-march=i486 -mtune=i686 -Os -pipe"
export CXXFLAGS="-march=i486 -mtune=i686 -Os -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti"

softwaregurl:
200mhz pentium 2 tiger GT200.  I'm using this one because theres nothing important on it, has cd burner and boots from cd.  I'm pooring over BLFS so I can understand compiling. 

Jason W:
Pentium 2 Intel should work just fine.  But anyway, I am putting together for you a temporaty GTK2/Xchat you can use for now.  I will post the link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version