General TC > General TC Talk

TC for Raspberry Pi

<< < (2/5) > >>

curaga:
I was looking more towards the Allwinner part, considering it takes a dual-core A9 to match a first-gen single-core Atom, the Allwinner A10 is a single-core A8, and the Pi is about three times slower than an A8.

Because of the huge perf. differences, please name the port(s) specifically ("armv5_hf_neon" instead of "arm" for example). Then a port for future chips will be able to take advantage of the extensions in those cpus.

Each chip family still needs a different kernel sadly, and the ARM mem/string optimizations aren't yet merged in eglibc (see cortexstrings at launchpad).

--- Quote ---One problem is the lack of backward compatibility between Arm families. I don't know how this is managed on other distros.
--- End quote ---

They pick one or a few targets, and everything lower is not supported.

solorin:
If it's possible to cross-compile extensions from tc running on other architectures for this new ARM variant. I'm happy to support the effort by porting extensions.

If this is being developed is it possible that it will run on any one of the varieties of plug computers?

cheerio,
solorin

gerald_clark:
You also have to decide whether you are going to run big-endian or little-endian.

roberts:
Now we learn why no Ubuntu in your raspberry pi.
http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/features/raspberry-pi-interview-eban-upton-reveals-all/

bmarkus:
Thanks for sharing the link. It is a good interview. Not because of UBUNTU but the Raspberry Pi itself. And it is not a PR article created by Liz, Upton's wife.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version