WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Kaffeine  (Read 4455 times)

Offline AlejandroPadrino

Kaffeine
« on: December 16, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »
First of all, thank you to Arslan S. for making this package.  And now, the expected message:  I can't watch TV with Kaffeine.  I can watch TV with my DVB-T receiver, without audio, using Xine.  I was put Kaffeine channels configuration manually into TinyCore, but Kaffeine shows me that there is no DVB-T adapter.  I was making Kafeine package for release 1.1, copying files from Ubuntu.  Making package for Kaffeine 1.1 haves same error as using Kaffeine 1.2.2.

Arslan, can you see TV with Kaffeine?  If yes, what modules have you loaded?

Anyone can watch TV in Kaffeine?

Thank you.

Offline AmatCoder

• AmatCoder Projects
Re: Kaffeine
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
I am able to watch Dvb-T channels with xine and mplayer... and here audio is fine with both.

But I tried with Kaffeine and I can't get it...As far as remember,  Kaffeine needs dvb headers installed to compile with Dvb support...(at least with 0.8.x versions). I don't know if Arslan made it so, but probably not.

By the way, Videolan 1.1.11 worked fine, but newer 1.1.12 fail. Extension is wrong, I'll report it.

I use Me-Tv 1.3.6 to watch Tv...I compiled and made an extension and it's working without major problems.

Regards.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:16:35 PM by AmatCoder »

Offline AlejandroPadrino

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »
Hello AmatCoder,

what packages was you load with Xine?  I use Alsa audio with chipset AC-97.  Can be my USB DVB-T receiver haves additional audio within USB device, I don't know.  But in Ubuntu Kaffeine runs more fine than Me-TV.

Well, can you upload your Me-TV package to TinyCore repository?  And, same as Xine, what packages was you load to run Me-TV?

Thanks.

Offline AmatCoder

• AmatCoder Projects
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »
what packages was you load with Xine?  I use Alsa audio with chipset AC-97.

I have AC-97 too. My card is Win-TV Nova 500 (it's PCI, not USB).

Extensions that I load:

1) firmware.tcz (must be on boot)
2) OSS.tcz (for audio)
3) v4l-dvb-3.0.3-tinycore.tcz
4) xine-ui.tcz

You need a valid channels.conf  into /home/tc/.xine  directory and finally you can execute xine dvb://  in Terminal.

Note that I don't use alsa... OSS works automatically, but alsa not.  If you want alsa audio probably you need to make some additional configurations.

can you upload your Me-TV package to TinyCore repository? And, same as Xine, what packages was you load to run Me-TV?

I'll do it. Me-Tv needs same extensions than xine,  except v4l-dvb-3.0.3-tinycore.tcz which I included into dependency list.

I hope I helped you.

Regards.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:26:25 PM by AmatCoder »

Offline AlejandroPadrino

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Hello AmatCoder,

I can't compile sources for Me-TV.  I can watch TV with Xine + OSS.  Thank you.   ;)

Using Kaffeine + Xine I can watch TV, but can't scanning and record channels.  With Xine I can record only to /home/tc folder (I was try to change that folder).  I can't do scheduled recordings.

Best,
Alejandro.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:40:07 PM by AlejandroPadrino »

Offline AmatCoder

• AmatCoder Projects
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 12:07:37 AM »
Try with Me-Tv which is now in repository.

Recording folder can be changed on View->Preferences->Recording directory (you might need to give write permissions to it).

Me-Tv has also an option for scheduled recordings on View menu.

Regards.

Offline AlejandroPadrino

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 12:53:10 PM »
Thank you, AmatCoder.  Me-TV is now running and recording.  The only bug I found is for EPG, Me-TV does not show EPG information.   ;)

Merry Christmas an Happy New Year 2012 !!!

Offline AmatCoder

• AmatCoder Projects
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 11:16:52 PM »
The only bug I found is for EPG, Me-TV does not show EPG information. 

Really it is not a bug, but Me-tv, by default, needs UTF-8 locale to show EPG.

Two solutions:

a) Go to View->Preferences and change 'Text encoding' to iso6937 . Restart application. (Some characters may be wrong depending on the language...)
or
b) Use getlocale.tcz to generate an UTF-8 locale. (Example: mine is es_ES.UTF-8). This generates an extension called mylocale.tcz. Load it and restart application.

Merry Christmas an Happy New Year 2012 !!!
Thanks and merry to you too.  :)

Offline AlejandroPadrino

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
AmatCoder, Me-TV now works fine.  My locale also is es_ES.UTF-8.

Thank you very much,
Alejandro.