WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: getFlash11.tcz -- tar: invalid gzip magic & solution  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Oifan

getFlash11.tcz -- tar: invalid gzip magic & solution
« on: December 03, 2011, 08:14:42 AM »
Hi,

when running the install script from getFlash11.tcz (from tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/tcz/) I always get this error after download:

tc@box:~$ getflash11.sh
Downloading source...
Done.
Copying files and setting permissions...
tar: invalid gzip magic
There has been an error in this function.  Exiting.
tc@box:~$

I looked inside the downloaded .tar.gz file and also inside getFlash11.tcz and found out, that the downloaded file is not a .tar.gz file, but a .tar file.
So I changed the usr/local/bin/getflash11.sh script inside getFlash11.tcz (line 88) to:

# *** sometimes downloaded *.tar.gz is actually *.tar -- try BOTH formats ***
busybox tar -zxf "$SRCNAME" libflashplayer.so -C "$PKG""$SHAREDIR" \
 || mv "$SRCNAME" fp11_linux.tar && busybox tar -xf fp11_linux.tar libflashplayer.so -C "$PKG""$SHAREDIR" \
 || exit_red

This updated version is working fine for me. Please update your extension getFlash11.tcz to prevent other users from facing the same error.
Thanks.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: getFlash11.tcz -- tar: invalid gzip magic & solution
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:35:05 AM »
I have never seen this or a similar error.  I am not doubting you, but I don't even see how it could happen.

Nevertheless, a simple change of the tar command from "tar zxf"  to "tar xf" works with both tar and tar.gz, as tar will use the filename extension to determine what decompression to use.  I will add that in so it would work even if the tar.gz was a tar file.

Offline Oifan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »
The only difference from standard configuration is the mirror -- I have set http mirror ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/tinycorelinux/ , but I doubt this makes a difference.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:07:50 PM »
I just used the "getflash11" to install flash without issue..   just needed a couple of dependencies is all..