WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: MC 4.1 --> Chromium-browser 15.0.874.102 can't save download away from home  (Read 2432 times)

Offline scupillo

why every time i download a file, when i poin the target folder outside from /home/tc, the download always fail. but not i cant download. it downloading but only a couple kilobyte and then the message is download interupted!...but the download is normal if i target the folder in /home/tc!!!...

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
I suspect the location you point to does not have room for the download.

Offline scupillo

i think i already check it!!!..there is a plenty of room there!!! coz i already try it to point anywhere outside /home/tc including to my 120 GB hard drive ( theres a lot emty space there  ;) ) but it still not work. i try to my flash drive and it not working too!!...it only working normaly if i download to /home/tc. i have limited ram so i cant download large file coz /home/tc is mounted in RAM

Offline scupillo

i run another test!!...i think it becouse my target folder is in FAT filesystem. so i try to download to my Ext4 partition. guest what!!!...........it still fail :-\, the message still same "download interrupted" :'(

Online Rich

• Administrator
Hi scupillo
Here's a longshot, but you could try creating a download directory on you hard drive and link that
to /home/tc. Then try downloading to the link.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
The user tc needs write and execute permissions for that directory.

Online Rich

• Administrator
If that was the problem he could not write anything, yet he says:
it downloading but only a couple kilobyte and then the message is download interupted!
@scupillo: Does the target directory contain a partial download when it fails?

Offline scupillo

@Rich--> yups, i found the partial download in target dir!! but your trick with symlink is working but only if it link to linux filesystem, not FAT....is there any trick to make it normal again...coz this is happen when i use chromium 15, old release working fine with FAT filesystem. i used to download to my flash drive.

or could this be caused by a udev rule that has been updated. it written in tinycore 4.0.2 release note. coz i skip that version!. my old flash drive has MC 3.8 installed and i use chromium browser 14. then i upgrade to MC 4.1 ( skip 4.x siries ) and then update all my extension including chromium browser!!... than this things happen!!...MC 3.8 with chromium browser 14 working flawlesly with my FAT flash drive

EDIT : but strangely, other browsers doing well with FAT filesystem

ANOTHER EDIT : nop i'm positive its chromium problem...i try using download manager to capture the download from chromium and it working on my FAT flash drive!! so it is definitly chromium problem!!! i hope this extension fix soon. coz i cant use download manager on file sharing site!! i need native chromium dowload manager! switching another browser is not an option for me...coz all my data like password login, history, bookmark, etc, was in chromium. it is lot of working to start it from 0 with another browser.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:38:10 PM by scupillo »

Online Rich

• Administrator
Hi scupillo
Not sure why the link worked. Sounds like it might be a quirk of the updated browser.