WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: mocp: libdb-4.8.so not found  (Read 7040 times)

Offline chrisb

mocp: libdb-4.8.so not found
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:54:24 AM »
Hello,

I am new to tinycore. I installed package moc and tried to run mocp: "mocp: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". In /usr/local/lib there exists libdb-5.1.so but no libdb-4.8.so. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug?

Also: can anyone recommend a small tinycore internet radio player that will play AAC streams? I've tried xmms and vlc but neither work (tested on http://di.fm 32k AAC stream).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:06:45 AM by chrisb »

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: mocp: libdb-4.8.so not found
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:18:44 AM »
Hi chrisb
You didn't do anything wrong. The bsddb.tcz  package that moc depends on got updated to a newer
version. Open a terminal and type  sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdb-5.1.so /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.8.so  and
see if that helps. If the libraries are not compatible then one of the experts will have to help you.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
Also: can anyone recommend a small tinycore internet radio player that will play AAC streams? I've tried xmms and vlc but neither work (tested on http://di.fm 32k AAC stream).

You'd have to specify a specific direct link for testing, but FWIW, random links on that site with extension .pls work fine with Mplayer-nodeps.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline chrisb

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »
Thank you, I can't believe I forgot about mplayer... it plays the AAC streams fine.

I guess mocp needs recompiling.

btw, I'm very impressed with tiny core so far. I installed on an old Wyse winterm, I tried Ubuntu first but it took several hours to install, was jerky and took almost 3GB of disk space. tiny core feels fast and is only 65MB or so on disk :) Amazing.

Offline Fallingwater

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 10:02:45 AM »
Hi chrisb
You didn't do anything wrong. The bsddb.tcz  package that moc depends on got updated to a newer
version. Open a terminal and type  sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdb-5.1.so /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.8.so  and
see if that helps. If the libraries are not compatible then one of the experts will have to help you.
I'm having the exact same problem in my Tiny Core install, and came here after googling the error. I tried this fix, but mocp still refuses to run giving the same error. I ran ldd against it, and libdb-4.8.so is listed as not found - not incompatible or whatever, it just doesn't see the file, even though it's very clearly in /usr/local/lib.
Any ideas?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »
Run "sudo ldconfig".
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Fallingwater

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 01:35:07 PM »
Done. Ldconfig said nothing, and mocp still doesn't work.