WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Ssh not waiting on network?  (Read 2262 times)

Offline dmtc1

Ssh not waiting on network?
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:32:26 PM »
I downloaded the multicore iso and I can boot it fine in virtual box.  Out of the gate the ssh client is loaded, problem is when I write that iso to a usb key and boot ssh is not? 

The only conclusion, I could draw was that one of two things is happening:
1 Network active faster when booting iso in vbox without network ssh does not load properly.
2. My usb key creation process is flawed and ssh is not getting setup?

I was thinking is there a way I can verify the network is active prior to loading extensions?  I know on my Gentoo box I had a similiar issue, I put a sleep 5 and echo 'ip to screen' in my network init file, this was enough to let the dhcp server respond.  Not sure the exact time needed I picked 5 and it worked with 400day uptimes it didnt matter, once it worked I quit.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Ssh not waiting on network?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »
When booting a USB key you need to use the waitusb boot code.
This will allow the USB key to be ready before TC starts scanning for the tce directory.
You should be using the ApplicationBrowser to install needed extensions to the USB key.

Offline dmtc1

Re: Ssh not installed, I think I have head screwed on straight now!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
Here is what I am seeing.  I tried waitusb, but that was not the issue.  The top caption is virtual box booting the .iso, the bottom is booting usbkey in virtual box.  You can see one shot loads dropbear, apache, openssh vs the other which does not.

**************Good news, once I removed my head from my rear, I realized the virtual machine that was loading my extensions had them installed on the hard drive.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I got confused because it was loading extensions that where not in the ISO and I didnt realize where they were getting loaded.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:46:06 PM by dmtc1 »