WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: OpenGL programs freeze display upon exit with Xorg-7.6-3d and Intel GM45.  (Read 1720 times)

Offline prototrout

I'm on microcore 4.0, using Xorg-7.6 and Xorg-7.6-3d with an Intel graphics card. Running 3D programs works fine, but when they exit or are killed, X dies and the screen turns black except for the cursor (this occurs with at least glxinfo, glxgears, Minecraft); I have to hold the power button & restart to use the computer again.

If I load Xorg-7.5 and Xorg-7.5-3d instead of 7.6, everything runs fine.

lspci, glxinfo (under both 7.5 and 7.6) attached. Xorg.0.log didn't contain anything relevant.

Somewhat related: is there any big difference between Xorg-7.5 and Xorg-7.6? Am I missing out on anything important if I run 7.5 instead?

Completely unrelated: This site has the most (and the hardest) CAPTCHAs I've ever seen. Maybe I'm becoming a robot. ;-)

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
I have the same problem (with gma 3150)

P.s./O.t. proto you know  minetest-c55?  :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:15:13 PM by vinnie »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
This bug (intel graphics plus Xorg-7.6-3d) has been with us for a while.

Using non-3d or Xorg-7.5-3d would seem to be the fix at the moment

Offline curaga

• Administrator
You're not losing much using an older Xorg, as long as the older drivers don't lack anything you need.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
in fact, as I read somewhere, the old work even better, although of course I also hope that it will be a situation destined to unlock in the future