Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

conky?

(1/2) > >>

coreplayer2:
Anyone know what happened to conky?  particularly in tc v4.x ??

Juanito:
It looks like conky didn't copy across properly from the 3.x repo - it should be OK now

Jason W:
Conky depends on wireless and kernel modules, and therefore was intentionally left out during the manual one by one review and copying to 4.x.  There are surely still many others that are in the same category, better to have started 4.x off smaller without broken dependency chains and then build up than to start broken and then try to weed out the issues. 

coreplayer2:
Woot
Thanks guys, am going to try again.  am thankful to those with the power to rectify the dependency issues have the sistuation under control
:) 

maro:

--- Quote from: Jason W on September 21, 2011, 07:03:32 AM ---... Conky depends on wireless and kernel modules ...

--- End quote ---
Good point!! Now I recall that I found that rather annoying that for a system without a wireless adaptor still the 'wireless_tools.tcz' and 'wireless-KERNEL.tcz' extensions are getting installed.

Therefore I wonder whether it would make sense to leave the "wireless inclusive" case covered by the more hefty 'conky_plus.tcz' extension and re-build a more nimble 'conky.tcz' without "--enable-wlan".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version