WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TinyCore + WebOS?  (Read 1687 times)

Offline thomaskwscott

TinyCore + WebOS?
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:29:23 AM »
 I was mucking around with TinyCore the other day and hit on the idea of running a lightweight webserver and fullscreen browser in order to host a cloud OS locally. Being a longtime fan of EyeOS i chose this one and quickly knocked up a proof of concept which can be found on sourceforge (search for tEYEny because i am not able to post external links here):

The results is far more attractive than base tinyCore and includes office tools and some basic games at <100MB installed .I was so pleased with the results that it got me thinking, if two copies of the same cloud OS were to be installed and synchronised both locally and on the cloud. A user could take advantage of cloud power (like ChromeOS) but also have functionality maintained locally.

The first step is somewhat experimental (don't try it on any partition you don't want to lose) but i'd love it if people couild try the installation process and let me know their comments/suggestions.

Offline thomaskwscott

Re: TinyCore + WebOS?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:29 AM »
I have made some progress with this and bundled it as a ~100MB liveCD available at sourceforge (search tEYEny).