WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: WARNING maximal mount count reached  (Read 2967 times)

Offline coreplayer2

WARNING maximal mount count reached
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:27:53 PM »
I think some or most my errors are self induced but this? 

When I run dmesg |tail -20  there is a WARNING maximal mount count reached

Checking all Md5 hashes turns up all OK.

maybe installation related? I'm out of ideas..

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: WARNING maximal mount count reached
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:52:47 PM »
Standard ext fs warning after the the number of mounts exceeds maxcounts or maximal interval.
You can :
1. Ignore the warning.
2. Boot with base norestore and runs fsck.
or
3. Run tune2fs -i0 -c0 thefilesys

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »
Thanks that fixed all my issues!!

options 2 & 3 seemed desirable  so ran them both

Booted with base norestore and run fsck    which I found out had to be run unmounted so booted to the cd with same options to run fsck on hda1 & hda2

then  ran tune2fs -i0 -c0  thefilesys  on all partitions.   After a lot of research and trials I also found out that "thefilesys" meant /dev/hda1  etc etc
lol

rebooted normally and voila! all my issues have gone.  the tcloop directory is no longer empty and is populated with 162 items.  the file system is back without corruption  I can use commands at the terminal and get a reasonable response without any "file not found" messages.

Best of all my newly created wireless driver now loads in the correct location in the file system

I was going out of my mind!   so I wonder  how long will this last, I mean limiting the file system mounts severely crippled the ability to load extensions without corruption??

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »
so I wonder  how long will this last, I mean limiting the file system mounts severely crippled the ability to load extensions without corruption

I think you have this backwards - the issues you had were most probably due to file system corruption. The limit to the file system mounts is just to remind you to check the file system, it has no other effect and the file system continues to work as normal once the mount limit is reached - as long as there is no corruption...

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:33:16 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up,  yes I had it all backwards but  I got it now  :)