ruby
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:32:05 AM »
please how do i install ruby on tiny core
 :)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: ruby
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:47:45 AM »
You could compile it yourself and submit it as an extension or request that somebody compiles it for you in the "extension request" thread.

I did compile ruby once in order to compile something else, but I didn't keep it as I had no cause it use it for its own sake,

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »
It appears to be a straight forward build.  I have an hour to kill so building it now as we speak.

Offline lilgbolahan

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
so have u built it..?

tried building ruby but d system stopped responding at some point and when i restarted could not get gcc or any compiler installed  ???

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
..when i restarted could not get gcc or any compiler installed  ???

Are you using a hd install? Normally re-booting goes back to a fresh start and everything works again...

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 07:01:05 AM »
I ran out of time and had to go out of town. I literally had one hour, and with a 600mhz box building ruby took all that time.  It built fine and I just need to package it up.  I can get back to it Sunday afternoon when I am back home with TC but feel free to build and submit it before then if you want.  I am able to deal with submissions when I am out of town but I don't have time for building things of my own.