WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: qt4 extension newer version?  (Read 4456 times)

Offline helander

qt4 extension newer version?
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:39:08 AM »
I was going to build some extensions based on existing programs. These programs makes use of the QT4 toolkit and requires QT4 version >= 4.3.0. The current TCE for QT4 is an earlier version so I could not use that. I downloaded the sources for some QT versions >= 4.3.0 and tried to build them, but the build fails.
So instead of going down a possibly hard path trying to fix these build problems, I am now asking you if you know of any more update QT4 extension packages available for TC?

Kind Regards

/Lars

Offline helander

Re: qt4 extension newer version?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »
I found out what the problem was:

Ran out of memory

After extending my swap space it built fine. Now it is just a matter of packaging :)

/Lars

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:46:13 AM »
I built qt-4.4 recently for something, but didn't bother submitting it because it was HUGE.....now there's 4.5. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:49:28 AM by jpeters »

Offline helander

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
I built qt-4.4 recently for something, but didn't bother submitting it because it was HUGE.....now there's 4.5. 

I did create a tce where I left out documentation and other stuff. It then shrank from something over 800 MB to something around 20MB.

If needed I can submit it.

/Lars

Offline markc

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 02:46:28 AM »
@helander: I'm a TC newbie but do you have the build script or instructions for your Qt4.5 (I presume) extension?

I'd like to eventually build qt and qtcreator from the Nokia Git repo but first I need to get a grip on the TC build procedure.

Offline helander

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 05:21:03 AM »
Below you will find the instructions I used to build a qt4 tce. You need to do the following before the instructions are applied.

1 create am empty build directory and cd to it.
2 create an src subdirectory and place the qt-all-opensource-4.4.3.tar.gz (or whatever version you will build) in that directory.
3 create a tce subdirectory (this is where the resulting .tcel will be placed)

tar zxf src/qt-all-opensource-src-4.4.3.tar.gz
cd qt-all-opensource-src-4.4.3
./configure --prefix=/usr/local -release -nomake examples -nomake demos -nomake docs
make
touch /tmp/mark-qt4
sudo make install
find /usr/local -newer /tmp/mark-qt4 -not -type d >filelist
find /usr/local/include/Q* >>filelist
tar czvf ../tce/qt4.tcel --numeric-owner -T filelist
advdef -z4 ../tce/qt4.tcel
md5sum ../tce/qt4.tcel > ../tce/qt4.tcel.md5.txt

Hope this helps.

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:33:34 PM »
Using CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS for optimizer flags would be great as well (see wiki page on creating extensions)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »
Also remember to strip libraries and executable binaries.  Here is an easy way to do that if you make install into pkg
Code: [Select]
# find pkg | xargs file | grep "executable" | grep ELF | grep "not stripped" | cut -f 1 -d : | xargs strip --strip-unneeded 2> /dev/null

# find pkg | xargs file | grep "shared object" | grep ELF | grep "not stripped" | cut -f 1 -d : | xargs strip -g 2> /dev/null