Tiny Core Base > Raspberry Pi

Install HyperPixel 4 on piCore

(1/2) > >>

cosminbro:
How can I install HyperPixel 4 on piCore? I manage to install using official driver on GitHub, but only on raspbian.

Paul_123:
The driver should work fine, just the install script needs to be performed manually, since things are in different spots on piCore.

cosminbro:
in newer version of Raspberry Pi Bullseye, I saw hyperpixel4 display driver was integrated, so I try with piCore 64 v14.0, modifying the config.txt, but it doesnțt display anything...
https://github.com/pimoroni/hyperpixel4/issues/177

It eventually works on Rasperry Pi OS 64 bit (desktop or lite) only by manually install the hyperpixel4 driver, but in piCore 64 14.0 the installation script doesn't work. (as specified on https://github.com/pimoroni/hyperpixel4/tree/pi4)

Please help to make the installation script work on piCore, thanks!

Paul_123:
The script will never work, its designed for RaspiOS.   You have to read the script and then perform the actions the piCore way.

I hope your not going to put a display on your pi that is playing audio.    That is going to make audiophiles start twitching.

cosminbro:

--- Quote from: Paul_123 on July 07, 2023, 11:24:38 AM ---The script will never work, its designed for RaspiOS.   You have to read the script and then perform the actions the piCore way.

I hope your not going to put a display on your pi that is playing audio.    That is going to make audiophiles start twitching.

--- End quote ---

Of course not, it will be on another pi. I keep things as light as possible on the pi device that is playing audio. I'll come back ASAP here too, with a tutorial for making one of the the smallest and best audiophile sounding network player on the market based on piCore, a rpi device and other key hardware devices. All of them has made possible a true high-end network audio player who rivals best-in-class audiophile network players.

Btw, audiophiles may start anything they want, I'm one of them  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version