Can't: Ctrl + Page Up (MC12 32/64 bits)

<< < (2/2)

Santos:
Oh! So sad. :(

Anyway, thank you for answering.

lhaley42:
Wow - I was wondering about this too - googling yields:

Linux 5.9 Dropping Soft Scrollback Support From FB + VGA Console Code
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.9-Drops-Soft-Scrollback

PDP-8:
One solution would be to run FreeBSD, and install BusyBox as your user shell and applications.

I see that BusyBox has paid attention to FreeBSD use cases recently, so maybe that would be a solution, unless purity of licensing an issue.

(Which shouldn't be an issue since for DECADES, gcc was the compiler use(d) for all the later *bsd's in the first place!) Look at the cross-pollination in NomadBSD for quickie desktop ...

PDP-8:
Gulp - spoke too soon.  Sorry Santos, this doesn't seem to be working in this either

--- Code: ---FreeBSD NomadBSD 13.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE #0: Tue May  4 21:43:29 UTC 2021     root@NomadBSD:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/NOMADBSD  amd64
--- End code ---

Bummer.  Looks like it's curtains, or pagers like less for us now. :(

Santos:
@PDP-8

Thank you for looking into that. I've been messing around with NetBSD recently but switching just for buffer scrolling is a little bit overkill for me. Plus, yes, I would rather stay as close as GNU as possible (but that seems more like a liability nowadays). And, NetBSD keeps crashing on my computer... too bad!  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version