WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TC 9.0 as Kiosk  (Read 1434 times)

Offline JOSHSKORN

TC 9.0 as Kiosk
« on: January 08, 2019, 12:52:40 AM »
I know there are a few dated threads on how to setup TinyCore as a kiosk but I want to be sure that I'm pointed towards a method that works for my current version of TinyCore.

I have TinyCore CorePlus 9 installed on a 10ZIG 5672.  The reason I installed it is because, first of all, the thin client is out of warranty and mainly, the compatible version of Firefox doesn't display the businesses's page correctly.  The PeakOS software it came with doesn't (seem to) allow updates that aren't from 10ZIG's FTP site.  With TinyCore, I'm able to install Firefox-ESR, which works flawlessly for the thin client's needs in terms of the browser (with a Kiosk mode browser add-on), but now I'm looking for advice on how to set this up correctly and lock it down.  Three questions:

• I did not create any new accounts (don't know how to off the top of my head).  Should I have created a generic Admin account and then a Public account?
  • To lock out things such as the Right-Click context menu and keyboard shortcuts, what files would I modify (and where are they)?
  • Am I able to use Windows Server 2012 R2 to remotely manage the thin client (startup/shutdown/login and modify settings)?  Please point me towards a guide on this or if you can explain such, please do so.  Remote management is imperative, as there are 18 of these machines throughout the business.

If I think of any other questions, I'll add to the OP and reply as such.