WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: piCore-8.0 released  (Read 44621 times)

Offline surfa

Re: piCore-8.0 released
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »
Until version 6.1 there were *boot.tar.gz archives that were easily usable for upgrades.  Is that no longer the case? Or is there some other procedure for upgrading from 6.1 and older?

There are no too much sense to upgrade a 6.x to 8.0 due to significant changes in the reposirory. It is better to start with a clean system. If you still need the content of the boot partition, you can download the SD card image from the server and mount in in a running piCore system. Than you get access to the boot content.

All right.. I have to do this once I get closer to device in case again.

Offline Gerrelt

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2016, 03:01:31 AM »
I finally found some time to change my tutorial to use version 8.0.

The changes to the tutorial were:
- alsa has to be configured differently now, it now uses alsa-utils instead of alsa-config. And the directory /var/lib/alsa has to be created and made persistent by hand.
- restoring the alsa settings (alsactl restore) is now done with a for-loop and a sleep, otherwise it could have been called before alsa was started.
- the default soundcard is now default on, i've described how to turn it off in case you use a different soundcard.

Everything is working fine now.  8)
Thank you for your work, Béla.
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl

Offline tehfink

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
I finally found some time to change my tutorial to use version 8.0.

Thanks very much! Extremely helpful.

Offline pataelmo

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2016, 11:51:32 AM »
This is awesome.  I have an IoT access control project that uses Pi's.  I'm working to convert from Rasbian to piCore and the continued development on this project is awesome!

I have a quick request for the repository maintainer:  Can you copy (or symlink) the carootcerts.tcz from the x86 repo base?  I manually copied this over and tested that it works.  Otherwise the current 8.0 builds openssl doesn't have root certificates to validate against.  Any other solution to the same problem works, but I figure just copying over the extension is a huge easy step.

I also have a bunch of extensions I'm creating for my project that I'd like to share (mostly python libraries) so knowing the best person to contact for help getting those extensions in the repo would be helpful.

Thanks!
Patrick

Offline Misalf

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »
Hi pataelmo,
this section of the wiki also describes the necessaries to submit extensions:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions
;)
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)